Winter and Skin Care
Skin care is always important, especially in the winter season. The harsh cold weather can dry your skin. Healthy skin is the first line of defense against infection. Tips for keeping your skin healthy include the following:
• Take a warm shower or bath but not hot steamy shower/bath.
• Hot water removes your natural oils.
• Towel-drying skin thoroughly but gently.
• Add moisture quickly after taking a shower/bath.
• Use mild soaps and moisturizers to prevent dry skin preferably unscented or lightly scented.
• You do not need to purchase expensive moistures.
• Use sunscreen even on cloudy days.
• Wear soft fabric close to your body rather than itchy, rough fabric.
• Dress in layers in case of temperature change.
• If your clothes get wet; change into dry clothes quickly.
Remember drink plenty of water. Sodas or other beverages cannot replace water. This will keep you from getting dehydrated.