Join us for this years Sustainable Urban Food Production Online Short-Course starting September 20th, 2021. Participants will gain a better understanding of the social and environmental benefits of urban agriculture, diversified urban food production methods for vegetables and animals, and best management practices to start, expand, and empower their operations of local food production.
After completion of the course, participants will receive a certification in Sustainable Urban Food Production.Due to COVID-19, the short-course will be held virtually, with optional in-person outdoor site tours.
Detailed schedules and course modules are shown below (Mondays from1:00PM-4:00PM):
- September 20, 2021-Introduction to Sustainable Urban Agriculture & Regulations
- September 27, 2021-Business and Marketing Plan, and Financial Resources
- October 4, 2021-Urban Food Production Systems
- October 12, 2021 [Tuesday]-Best Management Practices
- October 18, 2021-Technology Integration in Urban Agriculture
- October 25, 2021-Post harvesting, Food Handling & Cottage Food
Ticket price is $25 total for all 6 classes. All training materials are included in purchase price.
For more information please contact:
The sustainable Urban Food Production Short-Course is a partnership between UF/IFAS Extension, Broward County and the Fort Lauderdale Research & Education Center. An Equal Opportunity Institution.