Citrus trees are quintessentially Floridian, and many residents enjoy having this iconic plant in their own backyard.
Growing citrus in Florida presents many rewards, including backyard shade and access to fresh fruit (UF/IFAS Master Gardener 2014). However, maintaining a healthy tree requires careful planning and management. Below are some important UF/IFAS resources for those interested in growing and caring for citrus on their properties.
- The Neighborhood Gardener—Growing Citrus in Your Backyard
- Citrus Culture in the Home Landscape
- Citrus Problems in the Home Landscape
- Citrus Foliar Fungal Disease for the Dooryard
- Homeowner Factsheet: Citrus Canker
Photo credit: UF/IFAS