Each year, the University of Florida recognizes the fastest-growing, Gator-owned or Gator-led businesses in the world. The Gator100 is a celebration of the entrepreneurial spirit and the impressive accomplishments of these companies. If you know of a Gator-owned or Gator-led business, submit a nomination! Nominations will not be made public and self-nominations are welcomed. Nominations close August 15, 2018.
Companies must meet both of the following criteria:
- Have been in business for five years or more as of September 28, 2018, and
- Have had verifiable revenues of $250,000 or more every year since calendar year in 2015, or for the past three full fiscal years.
The Gator Leader(s) must meet one or more of the following three criteria:
- A University of Florida former student or group of former students must have owned 50% or more of the company from January 1, 2015 through September 28, 2018 (or date of your Gator100 application), or
- A University of Florida former student must have served as the Company’s chief executive (for example chairman, CEO, president or managing partner) from January 1, 2015 through September 28, 2018, (or date of your Gator100 application), or
- A University of Florida former student must have founded the company and been active as a member of the most senior management team from January 1, 2015 through September 28, 2018 (or date of your Gator100 application).
The Company must operate in a manner in keeping with the values and image of the University of Florida, “We, the members of the University of Florida community, pledge to hold ourselves and our peers to the highest standards of honesty and integrity.”
To identify the 100 fastest-growing Gator-owned companies, the nominated businesses will be ranked by compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) over the past three years.
For more information and a list of last year’s winners, check out gator100.ufl.edu.