Are you interested in food product development? Food & beverage processing? Food engineering & brewing sciences? Food Safety & regulation? Are you interested in applying biology, chemistry, and engineering skills to study the nature of food?
Check out the exciting world of FOOD SCIENCE with our upcoming FOOD WEEK.
Hosted by the Food Science & Human Nutrition Department, activities will be held from September 10 – September 14 and include movies, beverage samples & demonstrations, and a FSHN MasterChef competition! We will also support our friends at the Field & Fork Pantry. Check out the Schedule of Events for the times and locations. If you have questions, please contact Herschel Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Schedule of Events
- Movie presentations of Food: Delicious Science series
- Food on the Brain at 9 AM & 1 PM (Reitz Union Breezeway)
- A Matter of Taste at 10 AM & 2 PM (Reitz Union Breezeway)
- We Are What We Eat at 11 AM & 3 PM (Reitz Union Breezeway)
- Cold beverage samples from 11 AM -2 PM (North Lawn/Marston Library)
- Field & Fork Garden Tours at 2 PM & 3 PM
- Sensory Lab (Taste Panel) from 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM (AFPP Building)
- Coffee Samples from 11 AM – 3 PM (FSN Building, Pilot Plant)
- Roasting Demonstrations will be at 12 PM, 1 PM, & 2 PM
- FSHN Information Sessions – Learn more about the majors (Nutritional Sciences, Dietetics, & Food Science) at 1 PM, 2 PM, & 3 PM (MCCD, G001)
- FSHN Brewery/Pilot Plant tour with Dr. MacIntosh at 1 PM (FSN building)
- MasterChef Competition from 2 PM – 5 PM in the Pilot Plant (FSN Building)
- Encore movie presentations of Food: Delicious Science series
- Food on the Brain at 9 AM (FSN Building Courtyard)
- A Matter of Taste at 10 AM (FSN Building Courtyard)
- We Are What We Eat at 11 AM (FSN Building Courtyard)
- Appreciation Cookout from 4 PM – 6 PM (FSN Building Courtyard)
All WEEK : Volunteer at Field & Fork Gardens from 9 AM – 11 AM
Want more information about specific events?