2014 UF/IFAS Basic Beekeeping in the Panhandle Short Course
The UF/IFAS Panhandle Agriculture Extension Team will once again be offering a Basic Beekeeping School in February and March. These classes will be offered via interactive video conferencing at Extension Offices across the Panhandle. Details are listed below, please call your local UF/IFAS Extension Service to register and if you have any questions. See you there!
- These classes will be taught by Dr. Jamie Ellis and other state and nationally recognized beekeeping experts from the University of Florida Honey Bee Research and Extension Lab and the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services Bureau of Plant and Apiary Inspection.
- There will be three Monday-evening and one Tuesday evening interactive video conferences from 6:00 – 8:00 pm Central time, (7-9 pm Eastern time) and a Saturday bee-yard field day.
- Each 30-50 minute presentation will be followed by a question/answer period
February 24: Honey Bee Biology and Anatomy
March 3: Varroa Mite Biology and Control
March 10: Honey Bees of the World and Beekeeping History
March 15: Bee-Yard Field-Day – A hands on teaching opportunity
March 18: Yearly Management of the honey bee
- The cost for all five classes is $ 25 per person or $ 40 for a family. This fee will cover course materials and refreshments.
- Deadline to register is February 17, 2014. Please contact your local UF IFAS Extension office to register or to find out more details, or click on the following link for a printer-friendly flyer: 2014 Beekeeping in Panhandle
Bay County 850-784-6105
Calhoun County 850-674-8323
Escambia County 850-475-5230
Franklin County 850-653-9337
Gadsden County 850-875-7255
Gulf County 850-639-3200
Holmes County 850-547-1108
Jackson County 850-482-9620
Jefferson County 850-342-0187
Leon County 850-606-5202
Liberty County 850-643-2229
Okaloosa County 850-689-5850
Santa Rosa County 850-623-3868
Wakulla County 850-926-3931
Walton County 850-892-8172
Washington County 850-638-6180