What is BOE?
Each summer, we select a cohort of newly enrolled underrepresented PhD students to participate in our six-week summer program. BOE is designed as an orientation to graduate education and promotes acclimation to the University of Florida.
Financial and Academic Support
- $1,000 scholarship to assist with your transition to Gainesville
- This year students are not required to take the 4-credit course
- Complete non-academic courses on the subjects of Professional Development, Graduate Seminar and Academic Writing.
- Attend weekly meetings with your assigned Peer Advisor
- Attend all related BOE events, which will be held online this year.
BOE is open to newly enrolled students accepted into a UF doctoral program and meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Ethnic or cultural minority
- Low-income status
- First generation college graduate
- Underrepresented in their field of study