Florida 4-H introduces statewide virtual clubs for Florida youth
Join one of Florida 4-H’s statewide virtual clubs this year! Open to all Florida youth! Membership is $20.00 for one year of enrollment. Contact the club leader listed for more information.
Digital Dairy (Virtual Club)
- A virtual dairy club where members can learn about dairy cattle, dairy showmanship and the dairy industry.
- Club Leaders: Dianne Spann (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Chris DeCubellis (email@example.com)
- Meeting Times/Dates – Third Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm.
- Platform – Zoom
Florida 4-H Virtual Horse Club
- A monthly virtual club meeting for youth in the horse project or for youth interested in horses. For ages 8-18.
- Club Leaders: Amanda Pittman (firstname.lastname@example.org), Kelsey Irvine
- Meeting times/dates: Third Monday of each month at 6 pm.
- Platform: ZOOM
Florida 4-H Virtual Poultry Club (Virtual Club)
- In continuation of the virtual poultry club from this summer’s 4-H Summer Adventures, we will cover topics related to the 4-H poultry project, poultry science, and explore careers in poultry/livestock and related industries.
- Club Leaders: Chris DeCubellis (email@example.com) Stephanie Connor, Jose Zayas, Alisha Hutchinson, Marnie Ward, Amanda Pittman, Geralyn Sachs, Noelle Guay.
- Meeting Times/Dates: TBD
- Platform: Zoom
Florida 4-H Virtual Swine Club (Virtual Club)
- This club will meet once per month and cover topics related to the 4-H swine project, general animal science, and explore careers in the livestock/ag industry.
- Club Leaders: Chris DeCubellis (firstname.lastname@example.org) and others
- Meeting times/dates: TBD
- Platform Used: Zoom
Teen Life Ready Club (Virtual Club)
- The Life Ready virtual club is for youth ages 13-18 and aims to teach “adulting” skills like finding an apartment, creating a personal budget, applying for jobs, practicing home maintenance, and much more. Meetings will also feature career presenters based on the interests of the members. Members will leave each meeting with tangible skills they can use in their transition to adulthood.
- Club Leaders: Amanda Pittman (email@example.com) & Mary Lee Sale (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Meeting times/dates: Second Tuesday of each month from 6pm-7pm
- Platform Used: Microsoft TEAMS
Young Leaders Club (Virtual Club)
- You are the now and future leaders of your clubs, communities, country, and world. Even before adulthood, you have the power to make an impact on your communities. What type of leader do you want to become and how do you want to affect positive change throughout your lifetime? This club is for youth ages 13-18 as of September 1st, 2020 and will engage members in advancing their leadership and communication skills as they interact with University of Florida faculty and staff.
- Club Leaders: Derby Sale (email@example.com) and Stacey Ellison (firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meeting Times: Second Tuesday of each month from 4:30-6:00pm EST
- Platform: Zoom