Come Join us for A Day of Gardening
Saturday, February 24, 2018
9:30 a.m. – 2:40 p.m.
Duval County Extension Office 1010 N. McDuff Avenue North, Jacksonville, FL 32254
Deadline to register is Friday, February 16th
For the Event Brochure Click Here
There will be educational booths & plants for sale including vegetables, natives and herbs.
(Doors open at 8:30 a.m. Program starts at 9:30 a.m.)
Break Out Sessions :
- Putting Out the Welcome Mat for Pollinators -Terry DelValle, Urban Horticulture Extension Agent
- Managing Tough Weeds -Erin Harlow, Commercial Horticulture Extension Agent
- Top Tomato Picks – Mary Puckett, Urban Gardening Program Assistant
- Ideas for Themed Gardens – Evie Pankok, FFL/FYN Program Assistant
- Mythbusters: Food Labels – Alicia Halbritter, Livestock/Forage Extension Agent
- Tool Time: Sharpening & Maintenance Tips – Vic Groner, Duval County Master Gardener/Program Assistant
- Storm Hardy Trees Larry Figart – Urban Forestry Extension Agent
- Foraging for Edible & Medicinal Plants – Scott Allen Davis, Ranger at U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services
How to Register
Make check made payable to: University of Florida. Cost $20.00. Mail to: A Day of Gardening, 1010 N McDuff Ave. Jacksonville, Fl. 32254. You can also register online with credit card at
There is a small service fee. Space is limited this year so don’t delay.