County Events: Choosing a Topic & Title
By Kristie Popa
Choose a topic that you are interested in. It is much easier to talk about something you are passionate about. Think about your past experiences if you are having a difficult time choosing. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Is it something you like to do? Create a list of things that you like to do.
- How does it relate to 4-H?
- Is it something you think others would like to learn/hear about?
- If you are doing a demonstration, can you complete the demo in the time allowed?
- Do you already have some knowledge in the topic? Are you interested in learning more about the topic? Can you find enough information?
- Is this topic appropriate for your age?
When choosing a title for your presentation, choose one that is engaging and gives an interesting hint at what your topic is about. For example, would you prefer the title “Do Chickens Have Eyelids,” or “The Eyes Have It.”