The UF/IFAS College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS) will host high school juniors and seniors for a virtual campus visit through NaviGATORing CALS on select Thursday’s this fall.
NaviGATORing CALS allows high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to experience what it is like to be a CALS student at the University of Florida.
Participants will learn more about CALS and the freshman and transfer admissions process, sit in on a virtual class, discover campus organizations and activities, and explore the unique majors, minors, and professional development opportunities in CALS.
Students interested can select one of three Fall 2020 dates each featuring different majors:
- Thursday, October 8, 2020
- Environmental Management in Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Environmental Science
- Forest Resources and Conservation
- Marine Sciences
- Natural Resource Conservation
- Wildlife Ecology and Conservation
- Thursday, October 22, 2020
- Family, Youth and Community Sciences
- Food Science
- Nutritional Sciences
- Microbiology and Cell Science
- Thursday, October 29, 2020
- Agricultural Education and Communication
- Agricultural Operations Management
- Animal Sciences
- Biological Engineering
- Entomology and Nematology
- Food and Resource Economics
- Horticultural Science
- Plant Science
- Soil and Water Sciences
Not sure which major you should choose? Take our short quiz and find out which majors may be a good fit for you at https://cals.ufl.edu/apps/majorquiz/cals_quiz.php.
“NaviGATORing CALS is a great way to learn more about UF and CALS. We offer a broad range of majors in natural resources, life sciences and agricultural sciences,” said CALS Dean Elaine Turner. “Even if a student isn’t sure what they want to major in yet, they can pick an area that sounds interesting and explore it, while learning about all the options available in CALS.”
For additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Register and find more information at https://cals.ufl.edu/prospective/navigatoringcals/.