Raised in Texas, Gus graduated from Utah State Univ., where he also served as the Principal Research Tech. for the Crop Phys. Lab growing food crops for space. That experience brought him to FL to work at NASA in Space Biology. As a manager at KSC he was able to build partnerships with NASA, USDA and several universities. His team produced programs such as Space Ag in The Classroom and The Spaceflight and Life Science Training Program. A 4-H Youth Development Agent from 2005-2012 and now back, he is once again bringing his passion for outdoor education and shooting sports to communities.
Posts by Gus Koerner:
- The 4-H Hunting Discipline Is More Than Just Hunting!
- Archery Target Distance, Balancing Safety With Success
- Maintaining Equipment in a Youth Shooting Sports Club
- Laying Out an Accurate Shooting Range Using STEM Principles
- Interesting and Fun Alternatives to Conventional Freshwater Fishing
- Reactive Silhouette Targets For Youth Shooting Sports
- How Young Is Too Young To Take A Child Shooting?
- Join Brevard County 4-H for the 5th Annual 4-H Fair and Market Poultry Auction
- Teaching Kids the Importance of Keeping Track of Memories (For Disaster and Historical Records Purposes)
- Making a Wing Bone Turkey Call