Raised in Texas, Gus graduated from Utah State University, where he also served as the Principal Research Technician for the Crop Physiology Laboratory growing food crops for space. That experience brought him to FL to work at NASA in Space Biology. As a manager at Kennedy Space Center he was able to build partnerships with NASA, USDA and many universities. His team produced programs such as Space Agriculture in The Classroom and The Spaceflight and Life Science Training Program. A 4-H Youth Development Agent from 2005-2012 and now back, he is once again bringing his passion for outdoor education and shooting sports to communities.
Posts by Gus Koerner:
- Casting Animal Tracks In Your Own Back Yard
- Salsa Verde – An Easy Recipe for Young Chefs
- Stewardship of 4-H Shooting Sports Assets
- Another Successful Year of 4-H Public Speaking!
- 4-H, FWC and the NRA Partner Together for YHEC
- Join Brevard County 4-H for the 6th Annual 4-H Fair and Market Poultry Auction
- The 4-H Hunting Discipline Is More Than Just Hunting!
- Archery Target Distance, Balancing Safety With Success
- Maintaining Equipment in a Youth Shooting Sports Club
- Laying Out an Accurate Shooting Range Using STEM Principles