FREE Tax Preparation is Available through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
This year there are two options for VITA tax preparations in Bay County.
A non-income limited VITA tax preparation site will begin on Monday, January 27. The site is located at the UF/IFAS Extension Bay County Office at 2728 E. 14th St, Panama City. This VITA site is self-prepared on the VITA provided computer, but a certified IRS-certified volunteer tax preparer will be available to answer questions. If you would like to schedule an appointment to complete your own taxes for free at this VITA site, please call to schedule your appointment at 850-248-8091. This site will be operating on Monday and Wednesdays from 9am-3pm, by appointment only, from January 27-April 15.
An income limited (income of $66,000 or less) VITA tax site sponsored by United Way of Northwest Florida began on Monday, January 21. The site is located at Bill Cramer Chevrolet at 2251 W. 23rd St (enter off Frankford Ave). This VITA site has IRS-certified volunteers that will complete your taxes for you. Appointments are not necessary at this site…just walk-in. This site will be operating on Tuesday-Thursday from 9am-4pm each week through April 15. If you have any questions, please call 850-348-9077.
What to bring to complete your taxes for FREE at the VITA sites:
- Tax information such as Forms W-2’s, 1099 (Miscellaneous Income), 1098 (Mortgage Interest Statement), 1095’s (Healthcare Insurance Marketplace Statement), etc.
- Social Security Cards/Numbers for those people on the tax documents.
- Picture ID (such as valid driver’s license) for you and your spouse.
- Any other IRS forms you have received.
- Banking information to receive your refund as a direct deposit.