Land O’ Lakes: Sales Specialist
Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.Job Posting Title:
Sales Specialist LPS: Farmers Cooperative (Live Oak, FL)Job Description:Purina Animal Nutrition LLC (purinamills.com) is a national organization serving producers, animal owners and their families through more than 4,700 local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers throughout the United States. With an uncompromising commitment to animal excellence, Purina Animal Nutrition conducts industry-leading R&D initiatives that create and sustain a valued portfolio of complete feeds, supplements, premixes, ingredients and specialty technologies for the livestock and lifestyle animal markets. Species served by Purina Animal Nutrition include both large and small animals, including cattle, horses, swine, chickens, hamsters, gerbils and rabbits. Headquartered in Shoreview, Minn., Purina Animal Nutrition LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Land O’Lakes, Inc.Position Purpose:The Lifestyle Product Specialist – Grass Cattle, Horse & Show Feed will focus primarily on; cattle, horse, show, and lifestyle animal feed sales. This position offers consultative sales techniques which are utilized by calling on lifestyle animal owners within the assigned market area to evaluate and assist them with their nutritional program; the position also involves organizing and conducting effective educational meetings for 4H clubs, saddle clubs, horse enthusiasts, vets, trainers, lifestyle show clubs, etc. to enhance brand image and sell product.The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting educational meetings/events, selling events to build store traffic, completing approximately 25 farm calls per week, and annually growing sales and market share in the above category.Required (Basic) Experience & Education:
Required Competencies & Other Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science, related field or equivalent experience.
Preferred Experience & Education:
- This Position requires excellent verbal and written communication, focus, along with strong organization and time management skills.
- The role requires high internal drive, a natural ability for relationship building, and leadership in a team environment.
- Successful candidate should be competent in providing accurate feeding and management recommendations to lifestyle owners in the market serviced.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office, necessary for success.
- Basic command of nutritional recommendations to beef and various lifestyle owners.
- Candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Preferred Competencies & Other Skills:
- Strong background and previous professional experience with Cattle, Equine, Show, or Lifestyle animals, and has competed at a very high level with either horse or show animals.
Percentage of Travel:
- Candidate has strong public speaking skills.
- Currently is involved with show or horse enthusiasts that have influence in the market.
- 3-5 years previous experience with cattle feed rations, sales and consulting.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.If you need to submit a reasonable accommodation request to complete the employment application process, please call the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT. Please also use this number for any other questions.
- 15% over night travel, in addition to daily travel in the assigned geography.