The National Poultry & Food Distributors Association Scholarship Foundation awards five $4,000 scholarships to students in the fields of poultry science, food science, agricultural economics/marketing, food marketing and all other areas of study related to the poultry and food industry.
Each applicant must:
- Be a college junior or senior during the upcoming school year
- Be enrolled as a full-time student
- Be pursuing a poultry or related agricultural degree, i.e. Agricultural Business, Poultry Science, Food Science, Animal Science, Food Marketing, Ag. Econ, and other related business and agricultural degrees.
- Provide his or her sealed official transcript. Must be the official Transcript and stamped for authentication.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from his or her Dean, Department Head, and/or advisor.
- Complete the application
- Provide a one-page letter describing his or her goals and aspirations
In late spring, the scholarship committee will review all applicants. The scholarship winners are chosen based on their aspirations, extra-curricular activities, as well as their academic progress. Winners will be contacted via phone call in July. Everyone else will receive an email.