The University of Florida is seeking applicants for a part-time research assistant in Library Science to assist with digitizing the Florida Cattleman and Livestock Journals.
- Working closely with project team to develop and implement a Florida Cattle and Agriculture specific rules-based thesaurus
- Reviewing content of 240 issues of journal to propose relevant subject terms to describe each issue
- Implement machine-aided indexing by enhancing metadata of digital records for 240 journal issues.
- Create and distribute publicity for the new digital collection of the historic Florida Cattleman serial
- Maintain logbook to record project progress and decisions
- Undergraduate or graduate student status at UF, preferably in IFAS
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated data management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Does not require Federal Work Study status
- Familiarity with Florida agriculture and animal science
- Experience with information architecture, structural organization of digital information
- Interest in information discovery and open access digital collections
Pay Rate: $15 per hour, up to 10 hours per week for Spring 2018
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM
To Apply: apply in person at Marston Science Library Circulation Desk. Position open until filled.
For inquiries contact Suzanne Stapleton at firstname.lastname@example.org