The University of Georgia Extension Service is now seeking applicants for its summer 2018 internship program. Interns will have the opportunity to work with extension agents across the state of Georgia to gain hands-on experience in the field and office. When possible, interns can be matched with an agent in their preferred county or region.
Students currently enrolled at any college or university in an undergraduate or graduate program are eligible. Graduates may also apply for an internship during the semester immediately following graduation.
- Interest in pursuing a career with Extension
- Desire to serve others and a genuine interest in people
- Ability to lead, teach, motivate, and communicate effectively
- Motivation to continue learning and growing professionally
- Desire to work as part of a team
A select number of paid internships are offered each semester, so be sure to apply early for full consideration. Class credit may be earned, but interns must work with the internship coordinator in their department to arrange for college credit.
To apply, visit the CAES scholarships and internships portal and submit a current resume and cover letter by the deadline. For summer 2018 internships, applications are due February 1, 2018.
- Fall semester deadline – May 1 of the current year
- Spring semester deadline – October 1 of current year
- Summer semester deadline – February 1 of the current year