The Veterinarian Internship is based at the Select Sires Headquarters in Plain City, Ohio. This is a paid internship, and will be available in both spring and summer.
- Open to all individuals interested in Food Animal Medicine.
- Graduate or Undergraduate student studying veterinary medicine
- Have an understanding of the dairy and beef genetics industries
- Proficient in handling cattle and have some experience with basic animal health procedures
- Candidates interested in becoming a food animal practitioner should apply; training will be provided in all areas
Description: Emphasis will be placd on herd health, preventative medicine heavily weighted toward export, biosecurity and individual animal health.
- Assist with sample collection, physical exams, reproductive exams, treatment of bulls and export paperwork; a broad overview of the A.I. industry will also be provided
- Responsible for a variety of projects within the areas of animal health, export regulation and husbandry
- Receiving a broad-range of knowledge of Select Sires’ programs and services
- Responsible for a wide-range of tasks, including working with the veterinarian department on special projects, animal health procedures, blood testing, semen collections, semen processing, paperwork and record-keeping.
Time: The internship will be available in both the spring and summer. The intern must work for a minimum of four weeks.
Compensation: The intern will receive hourly compensation, but housing will not be provided. Housing for out-of-state interns is often available at the Ohio State University Veterinary Clinic in nearby Marysville, Ohio.
Deadline: The deadline for all applications is January 1, of the internship year.
Download Application Form
To Apply: Applicants are encouraged to fill out the attached internship application form, and return by mail along with a cover letter to: