Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Merck’s Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet.
Merck Animal Health Retail Initiatives Team Field Sales Interns will perform field assignments aligned with specific geographic sales territories identified as high need and potential for supplementation of sales team’s activities. These interns will be assigned to a regional manager for general direction/guidance and a mentor to direct daily interactions with assigned geographic internal/external sales representatives and customers. Interns will be required to develop a Time & Territory Management Plan to organize and align accounts within their assigned areas for efficient use of their time and company resources. The interns will have introductory training on focus products and species determined by geographical and customer account needs. Key products include the Safe-Guard Portfolio, Ecto Parasiticides, Equine Vaccines and additional dealer segment products. Retail interns can expect to work with Ag Retailers, Dealers and End-Users to supplement time intensive activities of the primary Merck Animal Health representative.
Daily and weekly activities will include detailing/selling Merck Animal Health retail products, conducting surveys, setting retail merchandising displays, generating Fecal Egg Count Reduction Tests, supporting dealer/industry meetings & tradeshows and providing extended support of the Merck Animal Health sales teams. Each Intern will be required to develop and present a project to conclude their summer internship program.
- Must have completed at least 2 years towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Animal Science or related degree program by May 2018
- Must be able to work full time for 9-12 weeks during the summer of 2018 and return back to school on completion of assignment
- Demonstrated interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
- Computer skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to use an iPad
- Ability to be organized, adapt to a changing environment, work independently and also as part of a team
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Basic knowledge of the Animal Health and Animal Feed industries.
- Retail and/or Customer Service experience.
- Sales training and/or applied sales experience.
- Food Production Animal experience.
- Companion Animal (Equine & Canine) experience