The University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine’s Large Animal Hospital is recruiting for a part-time Veterinary Technician assigned to the Large Animal Outpatient Surgery Area.
- 20 hours per week
- Monday – Thursday, 11:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
- Must be experienced in the restraint and handling of horses and be able to lead, jog, and lunge on line.
- Will assist with aseptic preparation of surgical sites and synovial structures for arthrocentesis; and assist in preparation and safe patient restraint when performing diagnostic local analgesia .
- Must have the physical ability to assist in induction and aid in the positioning of horses in the MRI unit and must not have any medical conditions or implants which would preclude entry into the MRI suite.
- Will prepare for and assist in various diagnostic procedures including those requiring the use of technical equipment such as an endoscope, ultrasound, shock wave, ect and assist in radiographic acquisition.
- Will be responsible for maintaining a supply inventory and replenishing stock.
- Will be responsible for capture and input fees for materials and services.
- Must be capable of easily lifting at least 50 – 100 pounds on a regular basis.
- Starting at $11.00 – $12.00 per hour