The University of Florida’s Career Resource Center is hiring an Assistant Director for Career & Industry Engagement. This position would work primarily as a liaison for students between the Career Resource Center and the College of Agricultural & Life Sciences.
- Serve as the primary career services liaison for faculty and staff members within one or more colleges for the exchange of information and referrals between respective academic unit and CRC.
- Provide individual and group career coaching to assist individual career development needs; topics include career exploration, job search strategies, and resume preparation.
- Works with campus partners in colleges and non-college units to educate students about career development topics
- Conducting an outreach strategy to increase employment connections for students based on a geographical location and/or industry sectors
- Consult with new and inactive employers to develop relationships to increase employer participation in CRC programs and events
- Promote UF and its students to generate employment connections.
- Serve as a career specialist to assist all UF students in preparing to compete for internships, professional employment, and admission into graduate school
- Work with the CRC to support UF students’ career development
- Track, assess, and evaluate efforts within employer outreach, student success, and connections within the colleges.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- $47,476 as listed
- Master’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience OR Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience
- Degrees in human resources, student personnel, counselor education, marketing, etc. are preferred
- More than two years of experience in career services, marketing, sales, outreach, career development, higher education, human resources, and/or working with diverse populations is preferred
- Experience in career services setting or student affairs is highly desirable