Homeowner horticulture Extension Agent. Teach about Florida friendly Landscaping and train Master Gardener volunteers. Graduate of the University of Florida, B.S. Horticulture & M.S. Ag Education and Communications. Specialty topics include orchids, shiitake and oyster mushroom production and native plants. Sixth generation Floridian
Posts by Carolyn Saft:
- Can I touch a Wooly Bear Caterpillar?
- Weed or Wildflower? Fragrant Rabbit Tobacco
- Where Did all the Green Leaves Go?
- Take a Break from Virtual Learning and Take Your Children Outside
- After the Tropical Storm, My Plants Need a Snorkel
- Check Tomato Plants for Hidden Hornworms
- Tired Taste Buds? Try Growing this Vegetable in Your Garden
- A NOT so Friendly Native Plant: Heartleaf Nettle or Fireweed
- Attracting Beneficial Wildlife to Your Yard
- Spanish Moss Is Related to Pineapples