Dr. Abbey is the Water Resources Agent for UF/IFAS Extension & Sustainability Sarasota County. She received a Ph.D. in Geography from Penn State where her research focused on quantifying the changes to wetland hydropatterns as a result of human disturbance. Abbey has been working on various water resource issues since coming back to Florida in 2016; everything from microplastic pollution to water conservation.
Posts by Abbey Tyrna:
- Dealing with discharges: How Sarasota County works to protect water quality
- Dry season and drought are not the same
- Drinking Water Week reminds us of our good fortune
- Are you even or odd?
- Drought dampens Water Conservation Month
- Water conservation in a stay-at-home world
- Should you expect “April showers” in south-central Florida?
- There are so many reasons to conserve water
- Bottle or tap?
- Are we jeopardizing our environment to enhance our view?