Dr. Abbey is the Water Resources Agent for UF/IFAS Extension & Sustainability Sarasota County. She received a Ph.D. in Geography from Penn State where her research focused on quantifying the changes to wetland hydopatterns as a result of human disturbance. Abbey has been working on various water resource issues since coming back to Florida in 2016; everything from microplastic pollution to water conservation.
Posts by Abbey Tyrna:
- Should you expect “April showers” in south-central Florida?
- There are so many reasons to conserve water
- Bottle or tap?
- Are we jeopardizing our environment to enhance our view?
- We all contribute to nitrogen pollution
- The importance of Florida wetlands
- Do you know where your drinking water comes from?
- Microplastic pollution is everywhere, including Sarasota County