Start a community garden and composting project
Looking to make an impact in your community this year? Start by creating an edible garden and composting project!
Join UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County for our 60-minute workshop on community gardening and composting. Many local neighborhoods, homeowner and condo associations, and schools want to implement a garden project, but aren’t sure of how to get started. Save your seat at one of three upcoming webinars:
- March 10: www.eventbrite.com/e/125178711897
- May 13: www.eventbrite.com/e/138309606757
- June 16: www.eventbrite.com/e/138310346971
Once registered through Eventbrite, the system will send you a confirmation email with the webinar link.
Attendees will learn the basics of starting a community edible garden and composting program. They will discover the benefits of composting, and how to build a compost system.
Who should attend?
- Residents with an interest in community gardening
- Neighborhoods looking to implement gardening and composting programs
- Anyone with a general interest in the environment
- Anyone with an interest in becoming involved in community composting and edible gardening projects
This is the inaugural class in Florida, so your input and experiences are important. We look forward to learning with you, as we dive into the world of community gardening and composting.
NOTE: There are two registration options for this workshop:
- Workshop PLUS a GEOBIN compost bin: $25 registration (includes bin cost), which must be made in advance of the workshop.
- Workshop with no GEOBIN: Cost is free.
- Mindy Hanak, community and school gardens coordinator, UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County
- Randall Penn, waste reduction agent, UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County
For questions or further information, please call 941-861-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require special accommodations to attend one of our events, please contact us in advance at 941-861-9900 or email@example.com.