Community Garden Virtual School
Join UF/IFAS Extension for a 6-part webinar series on community gardening.
Presenters from across southwest Florida will share best practices on a variety of community garden management, sustainability, and horticulture topics.
Growing Garden Leaders, Community Garden Management
Session 1, October 16, 2:30-4:45pm
- Sustainable Garden Management
- Policy and Zoning
Session 2, October 23, 2:30-4:45pm
- Facilitation and Community Engagement for Garden Leaders
Growing in Community Gardens, Horticulture Topics
Session 3, October 30, 2:30-4:45pm
- Florida Vegetable Gardening 101
- Seed Saving
Session 4, November 6, 2:30-4:45pm
- Compost and Vermicompost
- Fertilizing, Pest, and Disease Management
Digging Deeper in Community Gardens, Advanced Topics
Session 5, November 13, 2:30-4:45pm
- Good Bug/Bad Bug in the Garden
- Diseases in the Vegetable Garden
Session 6, November 20, 2:30-4:45pm
- Food and Harvest Safety
- Food Donation from Community Gardens
Each session is $10.00. Scholarships are available by request by contacting Susan Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for each individual session at https://cgvirtualschool.eventbrite.com. Registration closes 1 day before the webinar date.
Questions? Contact Susan Webb at 813-757-2226 or email@example.com.