The Value of Agriculture
We are pleased to announce the release of our updated report: “Economic Contributions of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Related Food Industries in Florida in 2011”, available at http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/FE935. The report summarizes economic contributions for major industry and commodity groups, regions and counties, and changes over time since 2001. Highlighted results for 2011 include:
• Industry output or sales revenues of $130.37 billion, and total output contribution of $198.90 billion, including indirect/induced multiplier effects arising from foreign and domestic exports of $47.45 billion
• Employment impacts (including multiplier effects) of 1.96 million full-time and part-time jobs, representing 20.2% of all jobs in the state
• Value-added impacts of $104.30 billion, representing 14.2% of state GDP.
• Labor income impacts of $67.52 billion for employee wages and benefits and business owner income.
• Indirect business tax impacts of $11.82 billion paid to local, state, and federal governments.
• Employment impacts grew by 4.4% from 2010 to 2011.
Additional detailed information for individual Florida counties is available at http://www.fred.ifas.ufl.edu/economic-impact-analysis/Florida-county-profiles-2011.pdf