Grow Your Vegetables and Eat Them Too!
Where? Why at the Ochs Garden 4-H Club, of course! Members of this 4-H club not only learn to grow vegetables, but to appreciate and eat them as well. Vegetable gardening is very popular and it is no wonder. Gardening gets the family outside and away from the screens. The benefits include physical activity, the joys of watching the garden grow, and the best tasting vegetables around!
Want more information? Here’s what you need to know:
- Each 4-H member receives a project book, a 10′ x 12′ plot, starter plants and seeds.
- Garden tools are provided.
- Membership open to children ages 5 – 18.
- Instruction is provided by Master Gardeners
- Cost is $15 for 4-H membership and $10 per plot for the year.
- Garden is open Wednesdays 2-6 p.m. and Saturdays 9-11 a.m.
- Club meetings are on Wednesdays at 4:00 p.m.
- The garden is located at 14644 113th Avenue North, Largo.
- 4-H’ers keep all the produce they grow.
Interested? Everyone must pre-register by contacting Jean Rogalsky at firstname.lastname@example.org . Or call 727-582-2597. There will be an orientation at Pinellas County Extension September 6 at 6:00 p.m. for those who have pre-registered. At orientation there will be an opportunity to register, select a plot, meet the other gardeners, and learn about this award winning 4-H program. Let’s get growing!