Upcoming tri-county workshop – Legally Speaking: Florida-Friendly Landscaping in the Planned Community
UF/IFAS Extension of Pasco, Pinellas, and Hillsborough Counties are pleased to announce the upcoming (re-scheduled) tri-county workshop entitled “Legally Speaking: Florida-Friendly LandscapingTM in the Planned Community.”
About the workshop:
The 9 principles of Florida-Friendly LandscapingTM (FFL) can help create attractive, resilient, low-maintenance yards and communities, while reducing over-reliance on irrigation, fertilizer, and pesticides. However, there are often misunderstandings about what it really means for a yard to be considered “Florida-Friendly,” and about what Florida law says regarding FFL within planned communities.
During “Legally Speaking: Florida-Friendly LandscapingTM in the Planned Community,” guest speakers will discuss a range of topics related to FFL and HOAs, including:
- What is Florida Friendly Landscaping TM (and what it isn’t…)
- What does the law say about FFL in planned communities? Case studies, current legal issues, and HOA/homeowner disputes regarding FFL implementation will be covered.
- What are some successful strategies that homeowners and HOAs can use to work within the framework of the law, find common ground, and achieve common goals if installing Florida-Friendly landscapes?
Who should attend:
- An HOA, CDD or COA board/committee member?
- A property manager?
- A lawyer who gets asked about homeowner / HOA landscaping disputes?
- A resident curious about installing Florida-Friendly Landscaping within a deed-restricted community?
If you answered yes to any of the above, this workshop is an excellent opportunity to learn from the experts how to avoid the most common pitfalls and achieve win-win solutions.
This educational program will be presented at the UF/IFAS Extension Hillsborough County Conference Room on May 14, 2018. Space is limited, so early registration is advisable.
Please see the link below for additional details and to register for the workshop:
We hope to see you there!