Mold Cleanup Post Hurricane

Whether your home was flooded or your home had a leaky roof, mold can grow from water damage in your house. By not attending to it quickly, it can spread, and will not only make cleanup more daunting, but can continue to negatively impact your family’s health.

When in a moldy environment, people may experience symptoms similar to a cold, get a sore throat, suffer from dizziness, experience wheeziness, have watery eyes, and, for those with asthma, it may trigger asthma attacks. A home with a high level of mold is not safe to live in, and someone can become allergic to mold by being around it for too long of time (EDEN 2012). Certain members of your family may feel the effects of mold more so than others, such as infants and children, senior citizens, those with respiratory illnesses, and people with a compromised immune system. This fact sheet can help those with mold by offering cleanup tips to help you get started, as you don’t want to wait. Once the mold is removed, you can ensure you and your family are in an environment with safer and cleaner air to breathe.

References:

An Overview of Mold.  (2012).  Retreived from http://eden.lsu.edu/topics/humanhealth/mold/Pages/default.aspx

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *