Dr. Tiu is a Marine Science Extension Agent with the University of Florida Sea Grant. Her areas of expertise include technology transfer, industry development and environmental education. She is working in Okaloosa and Walton counties on a variety of projects. Her signature project is the development of an Aquaponics Community of Practice, a group of individuals learning together in the Panhandle. She is also working on a micro-plastic awareness project, a barotrauma research effort with the Destin Charter Boat captains and a series of environmental awareness eco-tours with the Panhandle Outdoor Live groups. For fun she enjoys visiting state parks, attending Broadway shows, kayaking, snorkeling, fishing and eating ethnic food. Contact: lgtiu (at) ufl (dot) edu
Posts by Laura Tiu:
- The Florida Master Naturalist Program Training Local AmeriCorps Volunteers
- I’m so confused about seafood!
- Celebrating Choctawhatchee Bay – National Estuaries Week
- Oil Spill Science Seminar held in Okaloosa County
- Sea Turtles in the Florida Panhandle
- Oil Spill Science: Five years later, what have we learned?
- Life’s a Beach! Practice Beach Safety and Etiquette
- Springs of the Western Panhandle