This Friday: Join us at the Apopka Hop Pale Ale Event!
Join us at the Apopka Hop Pale Ale Event at First Magnitude Brewing Company in Gainesville this Friday, April 26 from 6 pm to 8 pm.
A science café talk will feature UF/IFAS researchers and students to explain all Florida-based beer research areas— from microbiology to hops breeding to the fermentation process.
The Apopka Hop Pale Ale was brewed with hops grown at the UF/IFAS Mid-Florida Research and Education Center in Apopka, Florida. This ale is described as a bright, floral, easy-drinking, double-dry hopped pale ale and is the first beer to be awarded the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services (FDACS) “Fresh From Florida: Made with Florida Hops” label.
Five-minute science talks will be given by:
- Brian Pearson (Environmental Horticulture- Hops Variety Trials)
- Alfred Huo (Environmental Horticulture- Hops Breeding)
- Greg McDonald (Agronomy- Fermentable Grains)
- Andrew MacIntosh (Food Science & Human Nutrition- Fermentation Process)
- Sean Campbell (Environmental Horticulture- Anthocyanins and Beer)
- Arthur Rudolph (Food Science & Human Nutrition- Yeast and Beer Microbiology)
Follow this link to RSVP on the Facebook event.
We hope to see you this Friday!