Ana Zangroniz serves as the Florida Sea Grant Program Extension Agent in Miami-Dade County, FL. Ana’s focus is on the coastal and marine resources of Miami-Dade County, and she delivers extension programming that is audience-specific and addresses the needs of both the environment and local stakeholders. Ana’s major program areas include: promoting heathy habitats and ecosystems, and improving marine and environmental literacy and stewardship. Ana works most frequently with fishermen, the boating community, scuba divers, and natural resource managers. The largest project that Ana manages is a citizen science, volunteer water quality monitoring program called Biscayne Bay Water Watch. Ana holds a master’s degree from University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences and previously worked with the National Park Service and the Florida Department of Environmental Protection. When not working, Ana spends most of her time underwater, scuba diving in Biscayne National Park.
Posts by Ana Zangroniz:
- My version of the Facebook challenge
- The Coastal Shoreline Restoration Module of the Florida Master Naturalist Program Debuts in Miami-Dade County
- Oysters: Tasty and Recyclable!
- It’s King Tide Season in South Florida
- Prolonged Coral Disease Outbreak Threatens Florida’s Reefs
- Sargassum Seaweed in South Florida
- PADI International Women’s Dive Day
- 2018 Lobster Mini-Season is Here!
- What Is a Mooring Buoy and Why Is It Your Friend?
- 2018 Southeast Florida Artificial Reef Workshop