New Online Course: Advanced Nutrient Management for Container-Grown Crops
- Understand and manage aspects of pH management including lime, water quality, species, nitrogen form, and root substrate.
- Know how to convert fertilizer units and formulate a fertilizer.
- Diagnose nutritional problems and recommend corrective actions.
- The course is appropriate for employees in the US and internationally who already have some nutrient management
training, are experienced growers, or are in technical or sales roles.
Lectures & assignments in both English and Spanish.
- Lesson topics
1. Fertilizer concentration and calculations
2. Fertilizer formulation and programs
3. pH, lime & substrate
4. pH, water, fertilizer, & plant species
5. Correct high substrate-pH problems
6. Correct low substrate-pH problems
7. Test substrate, water, and plant tissue
8. Trouble-shooting problems
- Online registration link: CLICK HERE
Deadline to register: 10/12/2015, but the class will start on 10/5/2015, so I recommend you to register earlier.
Is there a university credit, qualification, or certificate?
• Part of the UF/IFAS Extension Greenhouse Training Online program
• When you complete course requirements you will be sent a personalized certificate.
• The course does not count for credit towards a university degree.