Managing Stress Unique to Your Situation
Dr. Heidi Liss Radunovich, Ph.D., Licensed Psychologist, Associate Professor UF/IFAS Extension, made a presentation on managing stress during a pandemic.
Radunovich’s goal was twofold; “help citizens understand how the stress related to Covid-19 is affecting us, as well as strategies for how to best cope during this time period.”
It’s brief (17 minutes) but impactful, click HERE. Feel free to share as you see fit.
Tapping into UF Health resources, Lisa Merlo at UF Health shares local and national resources for Florida residents. It is helpful to put together the many supports out there to keep us healthy (physically and mentally) during this difficult time. Click HERE for COVID-19 UF Health site.
Lastly, Dan Cromer, Director Information Technology, UF, advises to stay alert for phishing schemes, even in a phone call.
Watch out for scams:
During this time, you should be extra vigilant against fraud. Be on the lookout for:
- Links from sources you don’t know.
- Emails claiming to be from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or other experts saying they have information about the virus.
- Online, TV, or phone call offers for vaccinations.
- Online, TV, or phone call offers for miracle medicines that can prevent or cure the virus.
- “Investment opportunities” that claim prevention, detection, or cure coronavirus and that the stock of these companies will dramatically increase in value as a result.
More information on phishing and identity theft is at https://security.ufl.edu/resources/email-safety/identity-theft-and-scams/. The UF/IFAS Home page has a link to COVID-19 status, being kept current very well by IFAS Communications: https://ifas.ufl.edu/. Do your best to stay safe.
We are in this together. Until next time – Spread Joy!