42nd Annual Tri-County Peanut Meeting
The 42nd Annual Tri-County Peanut Production Meeting is scheduled for Thursday, March 8, 2018 at the 4th District Community Center near Branford, Florida. The meeting will begin at 5:00 pm with an optional pesticide training for producers who are interested in receiving one Core CEU(Continuing Education Unit). A sponsored meal will follow at 6:00 pm with the program to begin at 6:45 pm.
Topics will include :
- Agricultural Economic Forecast
- Peanut Variety Selection
- Peanut Disease Management
- 2018 USDA Program Updates
- Discussion on the 2017 Peanut Crop in Our Area
Presenters will include:
- Dr. Adam Rabinwitz-University of Georgia
- Dr. Barry Tillman- University of Florida
- Dr. Nick Dufault- University of Florida
- Hugh Hunter and Kathryn Driver- Farm Service Agency
- Anthony Drew, Keith Wynn, Chris Vann- UF Extension Services
Pesticide CEU’s and CCA’s have been applied for. For additional information, please contact the Lafayette County Extension Office at 386-294-1279.
Chris Vann-Extension Agent- Agriculture/4-H