One Health Center of Excellence
The One Health Center of Excellence, located in McCarty Hall D, serves as the aggregation catalyst for the rapidly expanding One Health effort at the University of Florida. The vision of the center is to capitalize on existing areas of excellence to provide innovative approaches to managing complex health issues. One Health is an interconnected approach that seeks to advance the health of humans, animals, plants, and the environment, through interdisciplinarity within and beyond the human-animal-environmental health triangle, by engaging with other disciplines including law, history, language, religion, economics, politics, sustainability, and beyond. I currently work at the One Health Center for Excellence assisting with media outreach. My duties include managing social media, updating the website/blog and designing the Center’s visual materials such as flyers and graphics. My hobbies include video editing, basketball, video games and hanging out with friends.
Posts by One Health Center of Excellence:
- S.H.E. IS: Maria Gaetana Agnesi, the nine-year-old Advocate for Women’s Education
- The Bat, the Pangolin and the City: A Tale of COVID-19
- S.H.E. IS: Rita Levi-Montalcini
- S.H.E. IS: Hypatia of Alexandria, A Martyr for Feminism and Philosophy
- How Sea Turtles Sparked a Collaboration Between Leonardo Fellows