Sara Kane manages the sustainability program for Sarasota County UF/IFAS Extension & Sustainability. She oversees sustainability improvements within government operations and the efforts to create a sustainable community across Sarasota County. Among her responsibilities are promoting energy efficiency to residents and businesses, ensuring sustainability improvements in county facilities and fleet, employee education and grant management. Sara was the Sarasota County Sustainability Outreach Coordinator for three years before being promoted to this position. She has also worked in the environmental field with the Sarasota Bay Estuary Program and Mote Marine Laboratory. Sara has a Masters in Global Sustainability with a concentration in water from the University of South Florida.
Posts by Sara Kane:
- Celebrate National Energy Efficiency Day and Awareness Month
- Updated FAQ: Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE)
- Career opportunity: Sustainability Outreach Specialist
- Local congregations go green
- Workshop to offer unique solutions to create, foster sustainable communities
- FAQ: Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE)