Rick is the Sea Grant Extension Agent for Escambia County. His programs include topics on coastal invasive and nuisance species, restoring habitat and fisheries, monitoring water quality and biological indicators, and enhancing marine literacy for the community. He is a native of Pensacola and enjoys a variety of outdoor recreation activities with his family.
Posts by Rick O'Connor:
- The American Alligator: a new nuisance for the panhandle?
- DNA Barcoding Our Way into Understanding the Lionfish Problem
- Artificial Lighting: Becoming More Wildlife Friendly
- Biodiversity in Our Bay
- So What’s Good with Local Seafood?
- Trying to Solve the Marine Debris Problem
- Snakes In My Yard; a common concern