Rick is the Sea Grant Extension Agent for Escambia County. His programs include topics on coastal invasive and nuisance species, restoring habitat and fisheries, monitoring water quality and biological indicators, and enhancing marine literacy for the community. He is a native of Pensacola and enjoys a variety of outdoor recreation activities with his family.
Posts by Rick O'Connor:
- A Cold Winter’s Snake – the Garter
- Six Rivers CISMA EDRR Invasive Species of the Month – Coral Ardisia
- Killifish of the Florida Panhandle
- Dirty Dozen Invasive Species of the Month – Kudzu
- Needlefish of the Florida Panhandle
- It’s Coyote Season Again
- Life on the Beach in January
- Searching for Terrapins in the Florida Panhandle
- Has All of This Rain Impacted the Salinity of the Pensacola Bay Area?
- How Did the Fecal Bacteria Issue in the Pensacola Area Go in 2021?