Doug Caldwell "Dr. Dougbug"
CAN'T FIND A FACT SHEET? | eMail me: firstname.lastname@example.org | Doug has been with the University of Florida | IFAS Extension, Collier County Public Services, as the Commercial Landscape Horticulture Educator in Collier County since 2001. He is a landscape entomologist with 20 years’ experience with nation-wide landscape maintenance companies. He is a Certified Arborist and a Florida Certified Horticultural Professional. His program areas include: state-mandated, pesticide certification and Best Management Practices (BMP) fertilizer training, pruning, plant selection, fruit trees and plant diagnosing. He writes and gives presentations for the Florida State Horticulture Society; writes web site fact sheets which deal with the unique south Florida landscape issues. He has worked with the Master Gardener videography team to produce the Dr. Dougbug Hort Videos (30) on YouTube.
Posts by Doug Caldwell "Dr. Dougbug":
- Olive Shootworm Caterpillars (Palpita persimilis) Can Seriously Defoliate Japanese Ligustrum
- ‘Musical Note’ Clerodendrum Flowering Strikes a Winning Chord in the Small Shrub Orchestra.
- Blue Porterweed, Stachytarpheta urticifolia, With Piles of “Dirt” Along Stems
- Avoid the Tree Hackers, Select an ISA Certified Arborist for Aesthetic and Healthy Pruning!
- Common rust disease causes premature leaf drop of frangipani (plumeria) plants.
- Lawns, Gardens and Landscapes | Home
- Commercial Horticulture and Landscape Entomology | Doug Caldwell | Home
- Rugose Spiraling Whitefly (Aleurodicus rugioperculatus: Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) Popping Up on Coconut Palms- Oct. 2018
- EVENT: Master Gardener Educational Garden Workshop Series | starts Jan. 10, 2019
- EVENT: Naples Yard and Garden Show | Oct 20-21, 2018 [Video]