ISA certified arborist, LIAF certified, GI-BMP Instructor and registered Beekeeper, Donna owned and operated a retail garden center called The Garden Gate in Pompano Beach since 1997. In 2018, she became the Education/Specialist for Agent Michael Orfanedes in Commercial Horticulture at UF/IFAS Extension Broward, where she is able to use many years of horticultural experience to help educate.
Posts by Donna Castro:
- How to Root Prune and Transplant Field Grown Trees and Shrubs
- Sky Blue Cluster Vine – A South Florida Beauty
- THE SABAL PALM – Our Tree of Life
- Much Ado About Weeds
- How Do I Get a License to Trim Trees in Broward County?
- Tomato Hornworms… They’re Back!
- Why Florida Needs More GI-BMP and FFL
- How Do I Apply for a Pesticide Applicator License?
- Managing Palm Fertilization during “Black-Outs”
- A gentle plea for chaos in the garden