Ana Zangroniz serves as the Florida Sea Grant Program Extension Agent in Miami-Dade County, FL. Ana’s focus is on the coastal and marine resources of Miami-Dade County, and she delivers extension programming that is audience-specific and addresses the needs of both the environment and local stakeholders. Ana’s major program areas include: promoting heathy habitats and ecosystems, and improving marine and environmental literacy and stewardship. Ana works most frequently with fishermen, the boating community, scuba divers, and natural resource managers. The largest project that Ana manages is a citizen science, volunteer water quality monitoring program called Biscayne Bay Water Watch. Ana holds a master’s degree from University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences and previously worked with the National Park Service and the Florida Department of Environmental Protection. When not working, Ana spends most of her time underwater, scuba diving in Biscayne National Park.
Posts by Ana Zangroniz:
- 2019 International Coastal Cleanup
- Sargassum Update
- Preparing for the 2019 Atlantic Hurricane Season
- SCTLD Observer Training Launches with Swimming Success
- Happy World Wetlands Day!
- My version of the Facebook challenge
- The Coastal Shoreline Restoration Module of the Florida Master Naturalist Program Debuts in Miami-Dade County
- Oysters: Tasty and Recyclable!
- It’s King Tide Season in South Florida
- Prolonged Coral Disease Outbreak Threatens Florida’s Reefs