General Summer Staff/Lifeguard
Responsible to: Summer Program Director, Resident Director, State Business/
Administrative Manager, and State Program Coordinator
- Desire and ability to work with children and adults in camp setting
- At least 18 years of age or out of high school one full year. Applicants that are current year high school graduates will be considered if they meet the following criteria: a) 18 years of age b) have been actively involved in 4-H Camping, c) have been a 4-H Counselor at one of the four 4-H camps, d) have a written recommendation from their 4-H Agent and e) have a verbal recommendation from a 4-H Camp Director.
- Ability to accept and adapt to guidance and supervision
- Ability to teach various activities
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Doing what needs to be done to provide campers with an amazing camp experience
- Actively participate in all staff training activities
- Be on time for all activities
- Attend staff meetings
- Work as part of a team with other staff members to make sure that all weekly duties are accomplished
- Set a good example for all campers and fellow staff members. Including cleanliness, punctuality, language, sportsmanship, and table manners.
- Follow all camp rules and regulations including those of attire (clothes and shoes), smoking and use of alcohol and drugs.
- Encourage and practice respect of personal property, camp equipment, and facilities.
- Communicate any problems or issues as they arise during the camp week to the Summer Program Director
- Observe the nightly curfew for staff members during camp week.
- Develop lesson plans for each activity and class that is assigned.
- Gather material and supplies for classes. Make sure that you are prepared.
- Lead assigned afternoon and evening programs
- Maintain a neat and tidy instructional area
- Care for the equipment and materials used in your area. Report any damaged items or inventory needs to the Summer Program Director so items can be restocked in ample time.
- Conduct Morning Excitement activities as assigned
- Perform nightly duties as assigned prior to going to bed. For example: Lighting check, building and security checks
- Other duties as assigned