Florida 4-H launches Fresh From Florida promotional contest to support agriculture
4-H youth can promote Florida agriculture with new #FreshFromFL4H design contest!
WHY FRESH FROM FLORIDA? The “Fresh From Florida” program originated within the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services in 1990 to promote Florida’s farmers and ranchers, and the products they produce. For 30 years, this trusted brand has been used to market Florida agriculture and seafood products across the globe. When a product carries the “Fresh From Florida” logo, it carries quality from the field to the kitchen table.
WHAT IS THE GOAL? 4-H’ers can practice communication and design skills while helping support Florida’s farmers. Help raise awareness of the Fresh From Florida brand among your friends and family.
HOW CAN 4-H MEMBERS PARTICIPATE? Encourage others to buy Fresh From Florida products using photography, video, graphic design or another medium you can share. Share information about an in-season product and how to identify a Fresh From Florida product, promote a consumer resource like a special website or perhaps your local farm. GET CREATIVE – photograph a Fresh From Florida product, create a social media promotional post or info-graphic, shoot a video, design a recipe card, poster or another graphic.
NOW THROUGH JUNE 1 – Share your creation on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter, and tag with #FreshFromFL4H to be entered to win a swag bag from 4-H and Fresh From Florida.
Not on social media? Email submission to 4Hcontests@ifas.ufl.edu (include name, county and 4-H age; will be added to @Florida4H Facebook album with county and first name). Also submit your creation to a new Category for the 2020 4-H Photo and Graphic Design Contests – more info below!
IMPORTANT CONTEST NOTES:
- Tag with #FreshFromFL4H to be entered to win! Bonus tags: #FreshFromFlorida, @FreshFromFlorida and @Florida4H
- Do not change/distort official logos, email grow4H@ifas.ufl.edu for official logo downloads
- Make sure you own/have permission to use any photos, content should be 4-H appropriate
- You can also submit your photo or graphic design for the 2020 Florida 4-H Photo and Graphic Design Contests as part of a new 2020 STATE THEME CATEGORY: Fresh From Florida. Submissions for State Theme Category should be submitted directly to 4Hcontests@ifas.ufl.edu on or before June 1. This is a straight to state submission process and does not need to be judged at the county or district level. Review general guidelines for each contest type:
HELPFUL CONTENT AND RESOURCES
CANVA is a FREE online photo/graphic editing tool
FRESH FROM FLORIDA (graphic/video can promote an existing resource)
- Email grow4H@ifas.ufl.edu for logo files
- Fresh From Florida Website
- NEW Florida Farm to You website
- New website connecting consumers and producers, UF/IFAS Extension and DACS collaborating to compile and share information
- Additional info from Extension Agent Kevin Athearn