Escambia County Beef Cattle & Forage Bootcamp
UF/IFAS Extension Escambia County will be hosting the 2nd annual Beef Cattle & Forage Bootcamp March 2nd, 2019 in Molino.
The Beef Cattle & Forage Bootcamp is a hands-on learning opportunity for cattle producers and youth livestock exhibitors. Topics covered include cattle handling, management, as well as nutrition & forages. We will also have industry representatives on hand to answer questions on products and services.
Registration 8:30-9:00 a.m.
Welcome/Introductions 9:00-9:15 a.m.
Rotation Breakouts: 9:15 – 11:30 (45 min ea.)
• Evaluation of Beef Carcass Quality & Management Goals for Improving Yield & Quality Grade. Amanda Engle
• Winter Forage Demonstrations & Transitional Grazing Options. 35 + winter annual forage demonstration plots with Extension & industry professionals on hand. Libbie Johnson, Jose Dubeux
• Livestock Identification & Traceability demonstration. Utilizing proper livestock branding and identification to improve traceability. Nick Simmons
Lunch (provided) 11:45-1:00 p.m.
• Sponsor & Industry Updates
• Florida Cattle Policy Changes (Florida Cattlemen’s Association)
Wrap-up, Evaluations 1:00-1:30 p.m.
Location: Escambia County 4-H Livestock Facility, 5701 Hwy 99, Molino, FL 32577
Nick Simmons UF/IFAS Extension Escambia County, email@example.com, 850-475-5230
Registration fees for the Beef Cattle Boot Camp are
$10/person, $15/couple. Free for 4-H & FFA Youth. Registration fees will be paid on-site the day of event.
We ask that you RSVP to the Escambia County Extension Office (850-475-5230) to make food arrangements.