Purple Up! for Military Kids
UF/IFAS Extension invites everyone across Escambia County to wear purple on Friday, April 10. Purple symbolizes all branches of the military, as it is the combination of Army green; Marine red; and Coast Guard, Navy and Air Force blue. Purple Up! acts as a visible way to show support and thank military youth for their strength and sacrifices.
We hope everyone will take this opportunity to celebrate these young heroes! Be creative….the goal is for military youth to actually see the support of their community! Need some ideas to get you started?
- Ask your local, regional, state, and federal officials to wear purple on April, 10
- Invite news and media outlets to write a story about Purple Up! For Military Kids
- Involve schools, sports teams, youth organizations, clubs, afterschool programs
- Engage fraternal organizations, social clubs, and Rotary groups
- Request local businesses to post a Purple Up! message on their roadside signs
- Ask stores and restaurants to put a Purple Up! flyer in their business window
- Suggest companies and businesses ask their employees to wear purple
- Invite coworkers, as well as members of your spiritual community, exercise class, or golf league to join you in showing support for the military youth in your town by wearing purple on April 10