Sign up to Attend A Day of Gardening
Are you ready for spring? Let us help you prepare while you attend A Day of Gardening as we kick-off the spring gardening season. Enjoy gardening seminars and shop with local vendors to purchase plants and plant-related items. Do you need gardening/landscape information or want to start a bee hive? Educational booths will provide information and Master Gardeners will be available to answer gardening questions. The Jacksonville Beekeepers, African Violet Society, and the Jacksonville Native Plant Society will be there to share information.
- When? Saturday, February 23 from 9:30 am to 2:45 pm (doors open at 8:30 am for shopping)
- Where? Duval County Extension Office, 1010 N McDuff Avenue, Jacksonville FL
- Costs? $20 which includes handouts, light lunch and snacks
- How to Register? Register online with Eventbrite @ https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-a-day-of-gardening-tickets-54164562665. You can also email email@example.com or call (904)255-7450 to request a registration form.
- Registration Deadline? Friday February 15
Agenda for A Day of Gardening includes the following: Does Companion Planting Really Work (general session); breakout session 1: How to Manage Nuisance Wildlife or Growing Citrus in a Citrus Greening World (choose 1); breakout session: Mushroom Culture – Fresh, Sauteed or Baked or 7 Ways to Propagate Cuttings (choose 1); and The Seasonal Survivors (general session).
The closing session is sure to leave you with great landscaping ideas for 2019. Billy Butterfield, a plants-man with Ameriscapes Landscape Management Services, and Linda Reindl, Director of Education for Florida Nursery Growers Landscape Association, will share information about the Florida Flower Trials. Come hear which varieties have beaten the odds, lasted longer, proved to be great pollinators and offered great new options for seasonal color, textures and the must haves for your landscape designs!