Get to know….Jen Dawson
Five Questions with.…Jen Dawson
Five questions with … is a new feature for UF/IFAS social media. In it we will get to know one of our CREC colleagues and perhaps learn something new and unusual about them.
Our inaugural participant is Jen Dawson. Jen works as a Library Associate but has had other titles including Coordinator of Academic Support Services. She came to UF/IFAS CREC in March, 2007 and has always worked in the library. But her position has grown and now includes customer service, assisting with meetings, and many, many other duties.
When asked “What are you really proud about working at CREC?” (yes, I know, that is technically a 6th question) she replied, “I love the working environment here. I worked at Marston Science Library when I was a UF student so I always think that it is interesting that I came back to work at UF although when I was in school I never knew about the IFAS centers around the state.”
So here we go…..
1. What is the most rewarding part of your job?
- I may be pretty introverted but I love helping people.
- I don’t know if I have a favorite. I’ve seen all the Marvel movies and most of the DC movies. I remember I loved the Wonder Woman TV show when I was a kid with Lynda Carter.
- I love a good piece of grapefruit!!!
- The changes around the center in terms of renovations. I’ve been here through two renovations of BHG. Also, I have been here with three center directors. Now I almost feel like I’ve worked here for a while.
- I don’t know that I have a favorite but I feel a sense of ownership of the books because I do love libraries. Also, if anybody ever wants to talk about libraries and their benefits, I can talk for a while. I love libraries and I have been working in libraries since I was 19.