2018 Baker County 4-H Holiday Bake-Off
The purpose of the Holiday Bake-Off is to encourage adults and youth to work together on a project. This is not a traditional 4-H contest where a 4-H member must do all the work themselves. But rather, enhance positive youth-adult relationships through cooking. This year the competition is open for both youth and adults! Youth do not have to be 4-H members to participate.
Adults $5 entry fee, $1 per additional item. Adult Golden Spoon winner will receive a cooking gift basket.
All youth (ages 5+) entries are free. Youth Golden Spoon winner will receive a trophy and prize.
Monday, December 03, 2018
Entry drop-off from 9:00am-11:00am
Awards & Tasting will be from 6:00-7:00pm, Youth Holiday Party to follow.
- Only one entry per person per category
- Entry form must accompany each item
- Entries must have list of ingredients
- Cloverbuds (ages 5-7) will not be judged, but will receive a participation ribbon
- Adults and youth will be judged separately
- Entries must have a festive holiday appearance
- Entries will be judged on appearance, taste and display
- Awards in each category will be Blue, Red or White
- No real plant material, entry will be disqualified
- Mixes, precooked, and non-cooked items may be used in the finished product
- Overall winner of each category receives the coveted Golden Spoon
- Decorated cakes
- Gingerbread Cookies
- Brownies/Bar Cookies
- Specialty Items (Such as Gingerbread Houses or decorated cakes– not to be sampled)
- Lite Recipes (for the health conscious)
- Gift Baskets (ANY type of holiday basket)
Rules and Entry Forms:
For more information, please contact: 904-259-3520 or email@example.com