Sombrero Ranch Internship
Sombrero is a company that provides horseback riding for the general public. It has various locations throughout the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. Sombrero hires mostly seasonal help to work between the dates of May 1st and October 1st.
Whether for one summer or many seasons, employment with Sombrero provides a different and gratifying experience in some of the most beautiful and rugged places in the world. While the work is demanding and the hours long, it offers the employee a unique opportunity to spend much of their summer with horses. A genuine interest and positive attitude assist the company in providing a quality experience for our guests.
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to be considered for any location, please send complete application to the Estes Park address. Please include a short biographical statement about yourself highlighting any special skills or life experiences that are horse related and that you feel would make you a better employee. Please include a full-length photo of yourself. MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE ALL MATERIALS IN THE SAME MAILING ENVELOPE!
If we are able to offer you employment, you will receive a work agreement indicating your position, salary, beginning and ending employment dates, terms and conditions of employment, and other information.
- A minimum age of 18 is required for all employees.
- Various starting and ending dates can be accommodated. Applicants who are able to stay until early September may be given preference.
- If you are offered a work agreement, please do not accept unless you plan on fulfilling all aspects of the job including: the position designated, the stated wage, and the employment dates.
- All employees must be willing to perform duties as assigned and accept changes in position and location as required.
- Applicants should be aware that these jobs are physically demanding and require lifting, bending, standing and kneeling, as well as use of tools and exposure to the risks of being in contact with horses.
- Applicant must be able to mount and dismount a horse from the ground.
- Applicants are required to participate in activities involving heavy lifting and horseback riding.
- Applicants must have a valid CPR & First Aid card upon arrival (not at time of application).
- A personal vehicle is not necessary for employment, but is a nice luxury for your days off.
- The cost of round trip transportation is the responsibility of the employee, and should be considered before applying.
- Housing in some of the most beautiful places in the state of Colorado is provided free of charge.
- Most locations provide a free washer and dryer for your use.
- Breakfast and lunch and often dinner are provided to employees.
- Working outdoors in the Colorado Rocky Mountains.
- Continuous contact with horses.
- Meeting new people and making new contacts in the horse industry.
- Seasonal employees are housed in ranch style bunk houses with inside bathrooms.
- All employees share a room with fellow employees. No coed quarters.
- Employees are required to live where assigned.