Hi! I am Martha Maddox, the Alachua County Family and Consumer Science Agent IV. Extension, Agriculture, Family and Consumer Science (Home Economics) and 4-H has always been an important part of my life. I grew up in the Arkansas 4-H program and proud to be a fifth generation 4-H family. I graduated from Harding University with a Master’s Degree in Home Economics Education and Arkansas State University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Vocational Agriculture. My work experiences: Agriculture teacher for 2 years, University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Sharp County for 12 years as 4-H/FCS/Community Development Agent and University of Florida IFAS Extension Sumter County for 20 years as FCS/4-H Agent and FCS/Food Systems Agent before accepting the job in Alachua County as FCS Agent. My program areas include: Nutrition, Wellness: conducting programs in Diabetes, Food Modification, Cardiovascular, Farmers Markets and Herbs. Food Safety: food preservation, preparation and handling, local food and farm tours. Financial Management and Wellness: Money Matters Educational Programs and Florida Master Money Mentors. I believe in the Extension Mission and working together as a TEAM to make a difference in an individual’s life and Making The Best Better with any task or program we undertake!
Posts by mmaddox:
- Hurricane Season is Here, IS YOUR HURRICANE KIT READY?
- Enhancing Your Flavor Palate! Basil
- KEEP PICNIC AND GRILLED FOODS SAFE
- BE PREPARED FOR HURRICANE SEASON
- Enhancing Flavor Without Sodium!
- Avocado Selection, Storage and Preparation
- Stress Relief and Relaxation
- Watermelon Is More Than Dessert
- Blueberries: Freezing and Nutrition Facts
- The Importance of Handwashing During COVID-19 and Everyday!